Sunday, March 17, 2013

Back to Reality

Happy St. Patty's Day! Apologies for lack of blogging. Team FyF has been doing some traveling for Spring Break. I took a breather in NYC for the week and came back filled with inspiration for Flaunt your Flaws. It was amazing seeing all the individuality, art, and style of the city. But, it's nice to be home in Boston again.

Recently, I wrote the post about embracing my main "flaw" which is definitely my curly hair. I don't know WHY it is such a major issue, but it really is difficult to show something off that you've been hiding for years.
Curly hair especially is chaotic, and there are days of good and days of crying while ripping out dread locks. I may be dramatic, but it's true. I really encourage other girls to try flaunting their flaw for a few weeks and see what happens...and I mean really flaunt it...as in actually act like you love it and defend it when there's question. Try to make it the exact opposite of a "flaw" and rock it. As girls, I think we get intimidated by other women around us. The thing that really intimidates us most though is confidence in other women. It is easier said than done, but if we were all so confident in ourselves it wouldn't be as much of a judging competition..Beauty isn't a fact, it's an opinion.Not everyone might like what you have and that's life. We have to remind ourselves that if we believe something is beautiful, than it is because isn't the hardest person to please yourself? 

 I'm not one to say one thing and do another which is why every day I stand behind our whole idea of FyF and as girls, I think we all should. Start counting your own blessings instead of being jealous of someone else's and learn to embrace them. You can love things about yourself just as easily as you can dislike things about yourself, and honestly it's a lot more fun loving more.

In honesty, I contemplate every day how to get more girls involved in our blog. I will just keep asking what is something you love to show off? Or something you're learning to flaunt? Fill out our ABOUT US section and submit it. I can bet a lot of us have the same flaws and we could not only learn from reading about each other, but probably end up making a friend too. We created the ice breaker for you and all you have to do is answer questions about yourself...talking about yourself is fun! Don't make me be the only one broadcasting the flaw i'm learning to flaunt...Doing this, you can learn something about yourself and even better, make some friends.. Who couldn't use more girl friends to gossip with about the girly things we love?

And thank you to everyone who did our daily themes this week! I am always so happy to see that! 
xo



No comments:

Post a Comment