Thursday, April 25, 2013

Speaking of Flaunt Your Flaws....

So here's the thing...we are always encouraging you all to flaunt your flaws and embrace them rather then hide them but after all this time I've never talked about my own flaws!! I'm embarrassed to say the least. So here goes nothing....


Have you ever seen Alvin and The Chipmunks? You have? okay good. So you know that they have adorable squeaky little voices and sound like they inhale helium rather then oxygen, so cute right?! Imagine having your own voice sound like that...welcome to my life everybody! I have always had a very high pitched voice (I can thank my mom for that, her voice is just like mine) and while it might be cute coming from the mouth of a cartoon chipmunk, it unfortunately doesn't have that same effect on me. I was made fun of constantly when I was younger and was always known as "The girl with the squeaky voice." I honestly never even noticed it until people started asking me if I sucked in helium on a regular basis. Most of the time, people probably didn't even know that it hurt my feelings. But it did. And that is why I was really shy was I was younger. I was scared to open my mouth because I thought people were just going to make fun of me. Also, when I get nervous or excited my voice gets even higher. So public speaking? Yeah forget about it. It not very comforting trying to talk to people and have them cover their ears or not even be able to listen to you because they're laughing to so hard because they can't believe someones voice "actually sounds like that."

While I definitely have many flaws, my voice is my biggest. But, I've realized I can't change it so I may as well embrace it! People still crack helium jokes all the time but they're probably not going to be laughing when they hear I'm making millions as a voice over actor for cartoon characters!!!

Weather your flaw is something physical, psychological, or even emotional I can almost guarantee you won't be able to change it so embracing it is the best and most efficient way of being able to flaunt your flaws. Everyone is unique so just try and find a positive aspect of  your flaw and go ahead and flaunt it!

Squeek, Squeek Everyone!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great positivity, brother. We need to learn from your incredible example.

    ReplyDelete